Did you Know?
Quebec has has its own rules for choosing immigrants to live in the Province and evaluates applicants for “adaptability”.
To apply as a Quebec Skilled Worker, you must:
- first apply for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) to the Quebec Government
- then apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to become a permanent resident of Canada
Factors that determine your eligibility as a Quebec Skilled Worker include:
- level of education and area of training
- work experience – do you have the skills required for the Quebec market?
- knowledge of French and English
- duration of stay in Quebec
- whether you have an employment offer
- number of children under 22 who will be accompanying you
- similar considerations for accompanying spouse or common-law spouse
Quebec assesses applications on adaptability, as the term indicates it will judge how well a person will be able to acclimatize themselves to Quebec society and adapt to life there. The key areas assessed under adaptability are:
- Knowledge of Quebec’s history, geography, culture, laws as well as Quebec’s values and society.
- Knowledge of the Quebec job market, cost of living.
- Knowledge of French and English with more emphasis on French.